- Payaththam pauppu - 200 gm ( Yellow Moong dal )
- Green chilly 2 - 4
- Grated Ginger 1 table spoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Udad dal 1/2 tea spoon
- Channa dal 1/2 tea spoon
- Asafetida powder a pinch
- Oil 1 Table spoon
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 table spoon
- Curry leaves - one hand full
- 1. Clean ,wash well and cook in a preasure pan.
2. Remove and smash it.
3. In a deep pan pour oil and make seasoning with mustard seeds, udad dal, channa dal, asafetida, green chilly , ginger and turmeric powder.
4. Add smashed dal and add salt and mix well.
5. Add curry leaves and when the dish becomes like a thick batter, remove it from the fire.
6. pour lemon juice and mix well.
7. Serve with cooked rice and ghee.
payaththam paruppu masiyao is a very very delicious side dish.
8. You can make tomato rasam also with this.
- If you want you can put one tomato instead of lemon juice.