- Senaikkizhangu 1/4 kg
- Green chilly 2 - 4
- Grated Ginger 1 table spoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Udad dal 1/2 tea spoon
- Channa dal 1/2 tea spoon
- Asafetida powder a pinch
- Oil 1 Table spoon
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind water one cup or tamarind paste 1 spoon
- Curry leaves - one hand full.
- 1. Clean Senaikkizhangu, remove skin wash well and cook in a preasure pan.
2. Remove and smash it.
3. In a deep pan pour oil and make seasoning with mustard seeds, udad dal, channa dal, asafetida, green chilly, ginger and turmeric powder.
4. Add smashed senaikizhangu and also add tamarind water.
5. Add salt and mix well.
6. Add curry leaves and when the dish becomes like a thick batter, remove it from the fire.
7. Serve with cooked rice and ghee.
Senaikkizhangu masiyal is a tasty side dish.
8. You can make tomato rasam also with this.
- If you dont use tamarind you can use lemon in this dish.